ECOPETROL SCALE POSITIONS IN THE FORTUNE 500 RANKING
The American magazine every year makes the Fortune 500 Ranking for companies regarding their incomes.
The last year Ecopetrol manage to enter into the Ranking in the position 445, but due to the international prices of the crude WTI and the very good management of their expansion plan had a direct impact in the position of the Colombian company into the ranking, in which scaled 142 positions to finish in the position 303 and is at 3 positions to enter into the top 300 Ranking of the companies around the world regarding their incomes.
The growth of the income in 2011 was about 63% and is expected that finish the current year with better incomes, what could lay the foundations for the entrance of the TOP 300 Ranking.
The company continues with its expansion plan with investments of about 8.477 million dollars, where the 94% of those financial resources will be invested in Colombia and the other 6% will be invested in the exploration and production in the Gulf Coast in the United States of America and also in Brazil and Peru where the Colombian company already has investments.